How To Claim Care Costs
We facilitate true self managed home care by reimbursing you for hiring your own care workers and for many other aged care expenses.
How it works
- We prepare a care plan and a care budget with each client and will revise them from time to time. Your care plan and your care budget are useful guides, work within them.
- Talk to us at Empowered Ageing to check your planned expense is OK to be reimbursed.
- Hire the care worker, or cleaner, or purchase equipment, or whatever cost as needed.
- Keep invoices and receipts.
- Each month submit a claim for your care costs of the previous month. Include copies of receipts or other supporting documentation.
- We at Empowered Ageing assess your month's claim against allowable costs and your budget.
- Empowered Ageing reimburses you by transferring money into your bank account.
- Reimbursements are limited by the funds available in your client account. Your funds are dependent upon Empowered Ageing receiving your government subsidy.
- Empowered Ageing will send you statements explaining claims and reimbursements, our fees, received subsidies, your payments and the running balance of your care funds. Your monthly statement will indicate what funds you have available, and so how much you can claim next month.