How To Claim Care Costs
We facilitate true self managed home care by reimbursing you for hiring your own care workers and for many other aged care expenses.
How it works
- We prepare a care plan and a care budget with you our client, and will revise the plans from time to time. Your care plan and your care budget are useful guides, work within them.
- You talk to us at Empowered Ageing to check your planned expense is OK to be reimbursed.
- You hire the care worker, or cleaner, or purchase equipment, or whatever expense as needed.
- You keep invoices and receipts.
- Each month you submit a claim for your care costs of the previous month. You include copies of receipts or other supporting documentation.
- We at Empowered Ageing assess your month's claim against allowable costs and your budget.
- Empowered Ageing reimburses you by transferring money into your bank account.
- Reimbursements are limited by the funds available in your client account. Your funds are dependent upon Empowered Ageing receiving your government subsidy.
- Empowered Ageing will send you statements explaining claims and reimbursements, our fees, received subsidies, your payments and the running balance of your care funds. Your monthly statement will indicate what funds you have available, and so how much you can claim next month.